In February of 1964, the United States and the world were still mourning the untimely death of President John F. Kennedy the previous November.
But something happened to lift some of that depression: the arrival of the British rock group the Beatles on February 7 of that year. They started a revolution, and the world was never the same again.
This library guide was created to assist you in exploring the history of the "Fab Four" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr), their first visit to the U.S., and their ongoing impact upon music and culture.
In this guide, you can explore the content of each of the tabs above, or simply choose what you may need.
You can select:
- Library Databases - Use library databases to find reference, magazine & journal articles on your topic. Also, videos and images can be found in many databases.
- Books / Ebooks / DVDs - Find books, ebooks, DVDs and more via the AlleyCat online catalog.
- Websites - Get started with sites that have been evaluated & selected by CCAC librarians. Many sites include videos.
- Primary Sources - Examine first hand documents and testimony from events / time period.
- Citations - Take advantage of citation tools.
- Ask Us - Contact us with your questions.
The Beatles U.S. Arrival: February 7, 1964
MasterFIILE Premier database: American History Magazine
Click image above!