CCAC Big Read 2014: The Things They Carried
Click book image to access the Big Read site.
|Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (response within 24 hours M - F)|
Not on campus? Give us a call:
|Visit the Reference Desk at any of our library locations. View our locations and hours to get started.|
About This Guide:
This library guide pertains to CCAC's 2014 Big Read book selection titled The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. Within this guide, you will find resources that will assist in your search for information pertaining to this classic novel, and about the author.
The tabs you see above will take you to the various quality resources that the CCAC Libraries provide, along with librarian-selected web sites and videos.
You can select:
- Library Databases - Use library databases to find reference, magazine & journal articles on your topic. Also, videos and images can be found in many databases.
- Books / Ebooks / DVDs - Find books, ebooks, DVDs and more via the AlleyCat online catalog.
- Websites - Get started with sites that have been evaluated & selected by CCAC librarians. Many sites include videos.
- Primary Documents - Examine first hand documents and testimony from events / time period.
- Citations - Take advantage of citation tools.
- Ask Us - Contact us with your questions.
We hope you find it useful for your research needs and interests.
Tim O'Brien - Author
Image from Literature Resource Center Database
Click image of Tim O'Brien to access "About the Author" from neabigread.org site. And,
Looking Back at the Vietnam War with Author, Veteran Tim O'Brien
PBS (Public Broadcasting Service) Video Interview - April 2010
From the PBS NewsHour site, "Thirty five years after the conclusion of the Vietnam War, Tim O'Brien's collection of stories about an American platoon, 'The Things They Carried,' is being reissued as it celebrates its own 20th anniversary. Jeffrey Brown (PBS) talks to the author about the experiences that led him to write the book." (site) Transcript included.