Skip to main content
What is i-CONNECT?
Welcome to the CCAC Library online tutorial, i-CONNECT!
This tutorial consists of five important steps in your college research process. Each step includes:
- A list of key concepts and skills you should learn
- Main text and video tutorials
- Tabs across the page that take you to various library resources
- A quiz (coming soon!)
To get started:
- Watch the video "Understanding Research" on this page.
- Select Step 1. Start Smart located in the center column, or at the bottom of this page.
Important Points to Remember About Research -
- everywhere. You do research every day without always realizing it.
- combining and gathering what you know and think with what others have to say (resources) and then filtering all that information into an answer to your question.
- a journey to find people, or sources, who have information that can answer your questions.
- a balance between your own thinking and what you have discovered.
- choosing and evaluating resources for your research needs.
- building on work that has already been done and furthering it with your own knowledge.
A research paper or project is a map of all the sources you consulted to develop an answer to your question.
Portland State University Library. "Understanding Research." YouTube. 5 August 2013. Web. 23 May 2016. https://youtu.be/eWOyj9JKpcU.
CCAC Libraries | Community College of Allegheny County | Pittsburgh, PA | © 2018